Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Turkish Gun Rights Group Seeks Support

I just received the following email:
We are a group named BSSAH initiate right to keep and bear arms legally in Turkey.

www.bssah.com

http://bireyselsilahlanma.blogspot.com/

We as an Turkish citizens are being under ruthless laws to being armament and needs too much public support wherever it come from(Turkey or abroad) so I just would like to inform you as a gun enthusiast from Turkey and request any kind of support from you (for example a little paragraph article or something like that about our movement)

I will be grateful if you can talk or write a little statement about BSSAH initiate...
When someone asks me for help regarding promoting the right to keep and bear arms, I feel compelled to at least try. Still, even though I've linked to translated page versions, I still have difficulty following along. If anyone has Turkish-English skills, please educate us all in "Comments," below.

In the mean time, I did find this article that seems to give a pretty good summary of what they're about.

UPDATE: They sent me this graphic showing how the government is pricing firearms out of reach.

3 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

For some weird reason, this is very encouraging... Please do keep us posted, David.

And don't you just love the numbers there? Even though they have insane "laws" to disarm them, millions of people have defied it and remain armed.

Go Turkey gun owners!

straightarrow said...

sounds like they're setting the stage for another Armenian style genocide to me.

Kent McManigal said...

Sounds like an exciting black-market arms opportunity.