Friday, October 30, 2009

We're the Only Ones Even Onlier Enough

A traffic stop involving a young officer and the son of a small-town mayor has the whole town talking. The mayor of Stockton tried to fire the officer for issuing his son a ticket. [More]
Because there are "Only Ones" and then there are Extra Special Mega-Super "Only Ones."

I wonder how the town council meeting went? I see his Lordship's edress--maybe I could ask him? And at the same time pass along my respects for being so much more privileged and immune than I could ever hope to be...?

[Via orygunner1]

3 comments:

Mike said...

Need a better name for these people. I respectfully suggest "Super Citizens". That way we can retain the original [and by now largely ceremonial] title for ourselves.

Anonymous said...

And they wonder why the only solution to this involves a bullet

straightarrow said...

Been out of town for family emergency for a little more than a week, but I see the nation hasn't improved any. Below is my email to the mayor, titled "Spoiled little children".

"I have just read of your actions regarding the police officer who gave your son a ticket. I must say it is seldom one learns of an amoral s.o.b. such as yourself who is too stupid to hide the fact of it. But there you, specific "you", are.

I think it would be appropriate if the townsfolk turned you out of office no matter what it took to do so. But, that is a political matter. As for actions that affect you on a personal note, you should be spanked. Uh huh, SPANKED! You shouldn't be punched, kicked, or even taken to trial for your abuse of the law and your position, you should be spanked. That's is what one does to spoiled children, of which you are obviously one.

How does it feel to know that the entire country is now aware of your amorality. A condition one expects to find in lower life forms and small children before they are taught better? You may answer that question if you have the guts, at the email adress above. But I doubt you have the nerve to without having the advantage over me you had over the cop. Oh yeah, cowardice is another attribute I suspect you of possessing.

Charles H. Sawders
Doddridge, Ar."