Friday, October 16, 2009

We're the Only Ones First Enough

But rather than formally charge the 21-year veteran officer with the crimes that occurred over a two-month period this spring, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason’s office allowed Hooks to enter a program for first-time, non-violent offenders. [More]
See, "first time" for you and me means we did it once and got caught. "First time" for "Only Ones" means they can do it five times over a period of months and/or until they get caught, whichever one comes first and your actual mileage may vary.

But maybe I'm being to judgmental and harsh:
"He was treated as any other defendant who is faced with the same type of offense"...
Yeah, I believe that (although I wonder if he had a gun on his person during the commission of the crimes).

Just like I believe all the at-will employers I've ever had would have welcomed me back to the job after doing something like this and dragging their names into the papers right along with mine.

Nice to know that this common thief can carry a gun into a bar in Ohio and I'm not "allowed" to. Because he's more trustworthy.

If it were up to me, this parasite would be in a bread line somewhere. I know I sure wouldn't hire a damn thief--and oath breaker--who betrayed everything he's been paid--for decades--to represent.

[Via David R]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Only One'justice.
It's obviously something that us untermenchens can't comprehend.

straightarrow said...

I know I sure wouldn't hire a damn thief--and oath breaker--who betrayed everything he's been paid--for decades--to represent."-David


Ahh, but David, you might if he would kill on your command, assuming, of course, you were just as immoral as the people who command him presently.

Anonymous said...

Proving yet again that you're not really a criminal until you're a criminal with a badge...