Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We're the Only Ones Academic Enough

An officer accidentally shot himself in the ankle at the Arizona Law Enforcement Academy Monday morning. [More]
I suppose if I pointed out that "negligently" might be a better word, or that this is yet one more example of police not being the "Only Ones" professional enough to carry guns, it would all be academic?

And I guess it's not in the public interest to know exactly who on the force represents a demonstrable danger to himself and others?

[Via AzHamMedic]

3 comments:

Crotalus said...

The ghost of Lee Paige strikes again!

Anonymous said...

How the heck can you shoot yourself "while the weapon was holstered during training" for crying out loud? That's a neat trick!

TJP said...

I would think that if this is within the bounds of probability, these sort of "accidents" would make the cost of insuring the facility quite a bit higher. That's the way it works at public shooting ranges.

Someone explain this to me: if I have to demonstrate basic proficiency before I am issued a phony permission card, why aren't academy applicants required to do the same before they are even considered? That's like showing up for the driving course without even having a regular driver's license.

Oh right, this is nu-Constitutionalism, where equity means some people enjoy your rights and property, but you can't reciprocate.