Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're the Only Ones Bargaining Enough

The county has responded to the financial downturn by offering buyouts; raising fees, such as dog licenses; not handing out raises to nonbargaining employees; imposing unpaid furloughs on some workers; and instituting a hiring freeze earlier this year. [More]
So the "Only Ones" have elite compensation status, too? I guess I'm just ignorant as to how it works, since I've only ever been employed on an "at will" basis. If my bosses wanted to get rid of me, they could, which made me try extra hard not to make them want to do that. And when I did get into situations that seemed irreconcilable, I never once had anyone offer me "paid leave" until the situation resolved itself

But it looks the well is going dry.

Gee, maybe more people are going to have to start thinking about protecting themselves.

I wonder if they enforcers are still going to have the manpower to issue self-defense permission licenses?

3 comments:

Sean said...

Nice to hear the only ones are starting to feel the bite too. But I do feel sorry for all those beefy, doughnut fed, all-tasering, all beating and kicking, and walking away under cover of bullshit types. Perhaps when their bellies start talking to their backbones, they'll develop a little respect for the people who used to pay them.

Anonymous said...

Pay cuts, demotions & layoffs.

This is why I try to live within a budget (less then what I earn - HAH!) and pay down all debts, ESPECIALLY plastic.

B Woodman
III-per

Anonymous said...

Dog tax? I don't pay no stinking dog tax...