Sunday, November 01, 2009

What does Scozzafava Campaign Suspension Mean for the 'Gun Vote'?

Readers here should know that, in a rare public disagreement, I have taken exception to GOA's endorsement based on the superlatives they used to back their man. I simply don't believe it's appropriate to characterize a man who declines to lead and champion as a champion and a leader. If you want to say Hoffman will probably be a lot better for gun owners than Owens, I'd say that's a reasonable assumption. But there is nothing on the public record to warrant going beyond that, and speaking only for myself, I'm tired of that kind of unsupported political rhetoric. Give me the facts, the pros, the cons, the implications, and then let me vote my informed conscience. Stop with the damned smoke-blowing. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column revisits a special election in New York that ought to interest voting gun owners everywhere.

Also get the latest from my fellow GREs.

Tell a friend?

No comments: