Monday, November 09, 2009

Will House Health Care Bill Create New Class of 'Prohibited Persons'?

"JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail...Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.”

If that's true, we need to look at U.S. Code, TITLE 18, PART I, CHAPTER 44, § 922, where we find:

"(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—
(1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year...to...possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce." [More]
Today's second Gun Rights Examiner column looks at a consequence of PelosiCare that I don't see anyone else pointing out.

Also get the latest from my fellow GREs.

Tell a friend?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prisoners are getting released early across the country due to economic issues and Nancy is going to imprison healthcare scoff laws? Riiiight.

tjbbpgobIII said...

They will need to build a whole lot of prisons to hold all of us. I wonder if the supreme court will find this as constitutional as they found abortion.

W W Woodward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
W W Woodward said...

Sorry, Spelling error in the first post.

Make laws we cannot possible obey. Generate a new class of criminals who can no longer legally possess arms. Kill enough of the new scofflaws and the rest will fall into compliance. Control. Control. Control.

Pelosi and her ilk can conceivably do this without passing any additional registration laws. It makes one wonder if the loyal-to-the-party democrats and the RINOs realize or even care what they’re doing, or how they're being used to rape us.

Mike W said...

I believe you can take this one more step. The Anchoress has a story "Under The Jack Boot" that got me thinking about obamas "gun totting Bible thumping" quote. What will stop the salad tossers from adding Christians to the list of unwell?

Anonymous said...

Since my declaration has become so widespread, here's my thoughts on WHY I feel so strongly about this.

http://dumbolddad.blogspot.com/2009/11/open-mouth-insert.html

Defender said...

"America In Peril" video, 1990s:

"... the last pitiful act of this regime..."

The insurance portability act says I can keep my company-benefit health insurance for a year after being laid off. I just can't afford the $900 a month to do so, because I'M UNEMPLOYED. Duh. I regret that I had only one job to give for THE SHAREHOLDERS.
Will I consent to be forced under threat of a criminal penalty to buy health insurance I may never need with money I will most definitely need? Dear Government: Regardless of what you say and legislate, I only HAVE TO do ONE thing, and that is ... die, at some point.
Delusions of godhood = mental illness. Pot, kettle, black.