Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Drunken, Lying Slob

That is the only way to describe it. [More]
Yeah, but he's our drunken, lying slob...isn't he?

As I said to a correspondent wanting to know if the dangers of Dick Durbin ascending to the senate majority slot might make me support Harry Reid out of political pragmatism:
I think Reid is a communist and a traitor who does what he does on guns because the political climate in NV forces him to. Anyone who thinks they can make a binding deal with a communist and traitor shouldn't act surprised when they find themselves being devoured.

I'm done with political compromises--that's what got us to this point. Some of us aren't backing up any more. A lot of us. And we're pissed.

I'm unimpressed with the Durbin argument. If he gets in and wants to squeeze harder, I suppose some will obey. Just as some of us will not. Interesting times.

Freedom is not won by those afraid to take risks. And to back Reid because someone perceptibly worse might get in is not the type of attitude that will win it.
We need to look at the totality of a politician's actions. Fact is, Baucus supported Obama. Baucus supported Eric Holder. Baucus supported Sotomayor. Anyone acting like his other votes happen in a vacuum will have no one but themselves to blame when they find they can no longer breathe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama. The horror. The horror.

http://causapatet.blogspot.com/2009/12/horror.html

"Is it that insidious smile with which our petition has been lately received? Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss."

David Codrea said...

Not sure I get your point for posting this here, Brutus. Do you assume I've been a Republican/Bush apologist?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely not David.

Just so you know, I didn't write that in response to your post. I just happened to write it, post it, and then meandered over to your blog.

I think it backs up YOUR point.

Besides, I think you and I both agree that some people just need to get that in their head.