Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Year's Gun Rights Resolution: Take a New Person Shooting

Memorable occasions for me include one of my first dates with my wife (I don't understand people who tell me their wives don't like guns--establishing compatibility is why we're supposed to get to know each other before getting into committed relationships), watching a visiting Japanese executive grin like a kid in a candy store as he fired off rounds from my .44 Magnum, and ditto for a Santa Monica "liberal" with my M1 Garand. I've had especially great times teaching my kids, but I think I'll leave that for its own resolution. [More]
Here's today's Gun Rights Examiner offering for Examiner.com's New Year's resolution special project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a first date with a girl who was a stereotypical artsy hippie chick. Things were going pretty well when a news item came on the TV in the restaurant we had dropped in about a school shooting. "I was a teacher and I just don't understand about these school shootings," she said. "Oh great," I thought, "Here it comes..."
"Things like that wouldn't happen if all the teachers had guns," she finished.

We're married now.

Joe G. said...

I let my born-in-France ultra-leftist friend shoot my HK-91 "spray fire from the hip" style so she could see what Africans are killing each other with, and how defenseless the unarmed are. Not the same as watching guns in a movie! I think I should take a random stranger to the range this year, good idea. I'll post a classified, "wanted: liberal hoplophobe"