Monday, December 07, 2009

What?

Denny Snyder asks me to check out his new line of electronic hearing protection that he's going to be introducing at the 2010 SHOT Show.

I have some hearing loss in my left ear, thanks not to shooting, but to a Scuba diving mishap some years back. It pains me, because the guy I originally got certified with many years ago (the same college pal who glides) still goes all over the world on exotic dives and I can't.

And I continually try to impress on younger feral son Qusay the importance of practicing safe, sane and responsible death metal drum techniques...you know, the very qualities that so define the genre.

2 comments:

Brock Townsend said...

Welcome to the club!:) Rule #1: Do not chase that 35 pound Sheepshead without clearing properly first.

Crustyrusty said...

Ah, that they had these before 20 years of M-16s and F-16s left me with 40% in my left ear and tinnitus in the right... and that was WITH hearing protection.