Thursday, January 07, 2010

Self-Defense "Archaic" for Bay Area Enuretics

"I think it's kind of archaic," Livermore resident Grant Balfour told ABC7. He and a friend sat on a nearby bench watching while the officers frisked Stanley. "I don't see any Indians or cowboys running up and down the street. I think it's time to grow up." [More]
Nice Sarah Brady Paradise accent there, Grant old chap. I don't know what ever happened to "when in Rome," but I love how people come here and demand we adapt to their native tyranny. Yeah, expecting the government to be your protector is a lot more grown up, you simple child.

And then we have this expert opinion:
"I think that you're asking for trouble if you walk around with an exposed weapon on your hip," Livermore resident Yvonne Douglas said. "Because I think it would be easy for someone to take that away from you."
Why don't you show us how easy that is, you ignorant cud-chewer? Maybe you and Grant could gang up...

4 comments:

Defender said...

Controversy here about guns in city council meetings and in libraries. Idiots in the street interviewed said the same, "someone could take it away from you," "if you lay it down some kid could grab it."
Guns are not cameras or cell phones, and we dont treat them as such.
I don't have a problem with those NBA players having guns in DC (a felony), or in an NBA venue, only with their treating the guns as playthings.
I don't have a problem with people open-carrying ANYWHERE. Most by definition will not be criminals, who like to ambush people and therefore carry their guns concealed (illegally). If I see someone with a gun who acts in a threatening manner, I have what it takes to neutralize the threat.
If I were a herd animal, however, even my owner's sheepdog would make me jittery...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and about that Sarah Brady Paradise. We did fight a war for independence from them, didn't we?

We fought. We won. And we just don't care about your opinions, Mr. Balfour Go home, redcoat.

Sean said...

Someone's asking for trouble allright, but it ain't Stanley.

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Ya know, if she'd just be willing to demonstrate her expert disarm on an unsuspecting cop ('cause cops, after all, wear exposed weapons on their hips all the bloody time), things just might take care of themselves.

Just sayin.