Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Youth for Human Rights International"...

...sounds so much warmer and fuzzier than the "Young Communist League."

Gosh, how generous of the UN to define my rights for me.

Thing is, as I've observed before:
As for "law-abiding firearms owners," we must not forget that the UN recognizes no inalienable rights. Its "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" reads like a Utopian's wish list until you get to Article 29:

"(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law. . . [and] (3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations."

In other words, the law is what the UN or any of its despotic member regimes say it is--as is your "law-abiding" status.

And, of course, there is no declaration that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The UN Panel of Governmental Experts on Small Arms report proclaims, "All States should determine in their national laws and regulations which arms are permitted for civilian possession and the conditions under which they can be used."

So if the answer is "none" and "never," your job is to obey.
I was, unfortunately, unsuccessful in persuading the tactical geniuses responsible for such fantastic gun rights "victories" in California. Ah well, I always wanted to have an "ilk" I could get to help me promote my "almost Islamist-like exclusionary world-view."

[Via Smiley Starfish]

2 comments:

Defender said...

They really, really want a shooting war.
The absolute arrogance reminds me of the Nazis, the Stalinists, the Persians... the usual tyrannies mentioned here. We have had ample warning, throughout ALL of history. The human beast is nourished by conquest. Rarely has the cost been great enough to stop his predations.
Our leaders may be in a negotiating mood, but we citizens are not. Don't Tread On Us.

straightarrow said...

Obedience has never been my strong suit. I have never needed externally applied discipline and as a result, I have never accepted it. I have self discipline. Woe to the sonofabitch who seeks to impose his brand upon me.