Thursday, February 04, 2010

Are We Getting the Whole Story Behind the Austin Gun Show?

Forgive me if I can't help but focus on these words:

"[T]he department wishes to withhold some of the requested information and has asked for a decision from the Attorney General about whether the information is within an exception to public disclosure."

Why? [More]
APD's stonewalling on an information request called for a second Gun Rights Examiner column today.

TSRA may be able to draw conclusions, but I can't.

Share the link?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll see what AG Abbott has to say. Unfortunately his formerly good stance on open records hasn't been all that good of late. This request to the AG is a common trick in Texas when agencies wish to clam up, buy time or make life hard enough for the curious citizen that he or she just goes away. Ditto for ridiculous costs to 'copy' any info ultimately disclosed. Texas does not equate with liberty these days.

Longbow said...

Promptly respond to the demands of the peasantry? I think not!

Anonymous said...

I concur with you, David, with the last line of the article. I'm not ready to conclude we have the whole story yet, either.

What I'd be most interested in is the recording of the meeting that was purportedly done by someone at the meeting (forgot who, was it the ATF or APD?).

W W Woodward said...

Patrick Henry hit the nail on the head when he said, "I smell a rat."

[W-III]