Monday, February 01, 2010

We're the Only Ones Not Loony Enough

A veteran highway cop was suspended Saturday after his NYPD patrol vehicle with a loaded shotgun inside was stolen by a loony Bronx crook, police said. [More]
Keeping guns "off the streets," Furious Mike Paradise-style. Still, this is more than just another "Only Ones" entry, it gives us an opportunity to do a little CUM ULLA SELLA IN PUGNO TABERNA payback.

Regular readers should know by now we have no greater enemy in all of Authorized Journalismdom than the wretched subversive punks over at the New York Daily News.

Some of you are no doubt aware of the disabilities groups protest that compelled Dreamworks to remove it's "Simple Jack" website over use of the term "full retard" in Tropic Thunder.

Why not ask these guys how they feel about the Daily News perpetuating hateful and hurtful stereotypes by referring to someone with mental issues as "loony"?

info@mentalhealthadvocacy.org

infoctr@mentalhealthamerica.net

[Via Harvey]

3 comments:

illinois voter said...

David I'm curious, Your database. How long have you been collecting gems like this and How many examples do you have of weapons getting stolen from LEO's vehicles, homes, evidence depository's ?

I'm not sure if the data is going to scare me or not. But sure would enjoy a ballpark figure.

David Codrea said...

Beats me. I don't categorize outside of using "Only Ones" as a search term. My first use of that was in March 2005, when I posted on the Lee Paige "I'm the only one professional enough..." story, and shortly thereafter decided to start the category, with the "I'm the Only One [blank] enough" title format in "tribute" to the irony of his claim.

straightarrow said...

These urinealists were remiss in not noting that when cops kill some innocent they are suspended with pay, but let one embarrass the dept, even when no one gets hurt and he gets suspended without pay.

Wouldn't real urinealism make that connection? Uh, forget it, I just answered my own question. Only an actual journalist would do that.