Monday, March 08, 2010

Stop Trying to Make It Our Fault

The parents of an Essex teen who fatally shot himself last spring have brought their campaign to restrict child access to guns to the Statehouse. [More]
Yeah, and you know what else we need?

Bridge control.

I'm sorry, but when they try to take their grief out on the rest of us, particularly to make us pay for wrong choices that even they could not control with years of direct and daily influence, my sympathy level declines dramatically.

2 comments:

Billy Beck said...

I don't care one whit.

I can't afford to, anymore: this government has priced me completely out of the market for care.

{shrug}

straightarrow said...

When they decided to blame and punish anyone and everyone except themselves and the kid, you know the people who actually failed, they lost any sympathy I may have felt for them and in fact have turned my opinion.

It is not often I applaud the death of a 15 year old, but I am very close to doing just that now. If he would have grown to be a responsibility avoidance, blame transferring mope that his parents are, we are better off without him.

I don't particularly like feeling that way about a kid, but just like Billy Beck said the price is too high to care.