Saturday, March 13, 2010

We're the Only Ones Less Patient Enough

In interviews with The Associated Press and in dozens of anecdotes compiled in a survey by the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the U.S. Bureau of Justice Assistance, officers described feeling compelled to use tactics they employed in war zones after they returned to work in the U.S. and feeling less patient toward the public they serve. [More]
I suggest you either adjust or find another line of work. You're not the "Only Ones" feeling less patient these days...and some of us are not inclined to flee "war zones" as refugees when we're really talking about our homes and our communities that you're being paid to protect.

[Via Lane]

1 comment:

Sean said...

I don't want to hear any of this, "The war made me do it" crapola. I got Viet-Nam purged outa me tout suite when I came back. Every officer I met told me and my buddies that we're not going to get ready to fight the last war over again, we're going to get hard at work learning about how to fight the next one. As far as civilian repercussions go, I WANTED to learn how to be normal again, not use something as a crutch.