Monday, March 22, 2010

Words of Explanation

Give me the words to explain this. [More]
OK--you're a reason-impaired moron ruled by ignorance and prejudice. If only we can make "the streets" even more "gun free," this 15 shootings in one night crap will have to stop! And who better to look to for making that happen than Snuffy and Tim-Tom?

One thing did ring true:
I needed some help myself.
Admission is the first step--assuming you mean it. Which, based on the rest of your weepy rant, you must not. So continue ripping out your hair Carol Marin. But you might want to wash your hands first, so you don't get blood in it.

Forget it Jake, it's Chi-Town.

3 comments:

straightarrow said...

Very peculiar that she doesn't make the connection between helpless citizens (those who obey the law banning guns in Chicago) and their murders by criminal street gangs.

Daley and his ilk have fashioned this environment to their liking and they are reaping the consequences intelligent people have warned them of for years and years, and Ms. Martin can't see that the artificial environment of disarmed victims is reason for the killings? Perhaps Ms. Martin is none too intelligent herself.

W W Woodward said...

It might be a good idea for Ms Martin to read the comments to her story. Apparently, the people who are commenting fully understand that Daley's war on guns (sorry David) sure as hell isn't the answer.

[W-III]

David Codrea said...

My favorite "solution" came from this idiot:

Words alone can stop the violence.If those words are spoken by the potential perpetrators.
For years I have been advocating for young people to develop a face saving phrase or gesture.This will allow them to walk away from confrontations without dishonor or at least postpone them.
This action wouldn't cost any money,could be done immediately and wouldn't require major lifestyle changes.Even if the face saving option was rarely used ,it could save hundreds of lives.
----James Reyes

Man, I'd love to see him demonstrate.

In fairness though, I once did use a gesture to "stop the violence" some "young people" were about to perpetrate. Of course it was accompanied by something I was holding in my hand. Worked pretty well, too.

I'm not sure how much face it saved, but I know it saved my a$$, along with my wife and then-toddler son.