Wednesday, May 05, 2010

And Now a Word from NRA Lobbyist Todd Vandermyde

An attempt to save face by trying to put people illegally carrying a firearm in jail. Something we have advocated for a long time. [More]
So...Toddster...that time I "illegally" saved my family in California...NRA's position is I should have been arrested by "Only Ones"? Or that I shouldn't have had the means of defense in the first place, so being here to disagree with you would be a moot point?

Exactly how is your position different than that of my bitterest enemies?

And what's with the "D" grade for "assault weapon" ban author Mark Kirk? Playing the game, are we, so he comes off looking "better" than the other guy? I'm informed the most current grade is an "F" and the link used here is dated.

3 comments:

PeaceableGuy said...

In explaining the NRA and its behavior to interested people I know, I've found the details of the NRA's involvement in (and attempted derailment of) the Heller case to be rather helpful.

For folks interested in some of the neat capabilities of more modern firearms, pointing out the NRA's involvement in the Gun Control Act of 1968 (and its origin in Nazi law) can also be helpful.

SA said...

Even though a member, (not for long), I have determined the NRA to be the enemy of the second amendment, liberty, and the constitution. Same goes for all the apologetic little snowflakes who melt in the heat of daylight.

Anonymous said...

David there was a lot of anger when the FOID card was passed. Some police actually told Illinois gun owners to SHUT-UP and NOT to WORRY because the FOID law was needed to control Blacks and it wasn’t going to be applied to whites.

Well I guess were ALL black NOW!

And the NRA supports the FOID card law.