Monday, June 14, 2010

The Guy With the Gun

The 34-year-old man, who asked not to be named...

[H]e was known locally as "the guy with the gun." [More]
I wouldn't want to be ID'd either if I let something this embarrassing happen to me, but that doesn't convince me we're hearing the whole story here--or even a true one.

That there are those who would call for restricting rights based on an unproven anecdote about an unnamed individual who was doing who knows what when an unknown party did...what exactly can we prove, assuming there even was an unknown party that did anything...?

Some would have us believe this provides a blanket negation of open carry. And I don't see anyone questioning the account, even though the most remarkable thing about it is the lack of credible, verifiable details.

Maybe there was an open carrier who was oblivious and it happened just like he said. Then again, you couldn't prove it by me.

Or, it would seem, by anyone else.

No comments: