Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Will disarming elderly be next 'gun control' push?

We have an aging population. Many of us still have parents, others of us are starting to realize we ourselves aren't getting any younger. The decisions we are or will be faced with aren't easy ones. That means there is no one-size-fits all solution where we can just pass another "gun control" law and consider the problem solved. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column looks at a group of citizens the antis are looking at as well.

Also watch a firefight on Trigger Sports LIVE! and take JPFO's new survey.

I trust I can rely on my friends to share this link?

2 comments:

Defender said...

When my grandfather showed signs of Alzheimer's and severe depression, my grandmother hid his revolver. When SHE began to fail mentally, she gave it to us. There's no need for the government to get involved. Today, disagreeing with the Powers That Be on even trivial matters is considered mental illness. Few would be exempt, I think.

Anonymous said...

Seems like this would be a way for them to try to pull guns out of circulation.

I'm sure the antis would love to keep the guns from being handed down in the family (with no record they can use to compile a list later)