Friday, September 17, 2010

Arbitrary Denial

There are three federal lawsuits pending in Connecticut that challenge the way the state enforces gun laws. In one, Goldberg is suing Glastonbury over his arrest three years ago, claiming he was charged even though there is no state law against openly carrying a sidearm.

In the other two, Goldberg and M. Peter Kuck, a member of the state Board of Firearms Permit Examiners, argue separately that arbitrary enforcement of state gun laws by biased police officers has denied or delayed the issuance of handgun permits, resulting in a denial of due process rights to gun owners. [More]
Yes, I realize this linked story is from April, and the events it reports go back a lot further. I bring it up now as background because Mr. Kuck just sent me a link to his amended complaint.

UPDATE: Late breaking news (today) Goldberg v. Glastonbury will go to 2nd circuit due to an unfavorable in District court.

UPDATE 2: "I was just notified of costs awarded by the 2nd circuit court of appeals.

"Not much but a step in the right direction."

1 comment:

Defender said...

Reminds me of the case in which the cop arrested the man for a concealed handgun because the gun was on the man's right side and the cop was on his left. The man's body "concealed" it. I wonder how that came out.
The cop's word against his.
Man, I can't wait to be called for jury duty. They're gonna HATE me.