Monday, September 13, 2010

NYT on Lead Ammo Ban

I saw their pantie-wringing screed this morning and wasn't going to link to it.

I'll link to John Richardson's deconstruction instead.

Here's what I had to say.

As far as I'm concerned, they can try--if they want to create an entire unregulated metal commodity market in lead. That may be just the free market economic boost some of us could use.

I have more on the lead issue, but I sent it to the editor at GUNS Magazine a few days back for my "Rights Watch" column, and it'll be a few months before its' published.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Birds carry Diseases. Can we ban them?

Defender said...

"an entire unregulated metal commodity market in lead."
At the VERY least.
Lots of free samples wait to be distributed.
If the enviros are going to keep pushing, they really need to get outdoors more. The wind... has changed.