Friday, October 22, 2010

A Mugged Liberal

I'm afraid of guns. When you get right down to it, I abhor them. [Read]

They make her sick to her stomach...nauseated...

She still doesn't get it. Anybody trumpeting this as a turnaround victory, all I can say is don't trust this nitwit. She's still an idiot.  I'll bet she's against "assault weapons."

I found this telling:
I used to date a guy who owned a handgun and regularly trekked into the woods with his friends to shoot. I made him move the small gun safe from beneath the bed to another room before I'd agree to stay overnight.

And he didn't tell her to get lost?

Hopefully, his recollection of the "relationship" is more like Advance Sergeant Carl Harris'.

5 comments:

Crotalus said...

I don't know, David. She's got a long way to go, true, but at least she's headed in the right direction. But I think this is the beginning of something real.

Recently I commented on another blog in response to a similar article. Basically, she was afraid of guns, but had a continuing threat coming at her. I told her to get a gun, learn to use it well, and then she would be able to trust that gun because it is hers, and not someone else's

parabarbarian said...

It's a beginning. She may never becomes a "gunnie" but if she visits a range once in a while she may discover we're not at all a bunch of sterotypes. RKBA is for everybody.

BTW, thanks for the link to the story...

Mack said...

Perhaps she's beyond hope.

But at least she has testimonials!

Ed said...

"I'll just be packing heat in case negotiations tank."

It is wishful thinking that there will be negotiations and then the freedom to act.

As Yoda would implore, "Talk not. Act!"

BTW Thanks for the belly laugh from the SciFi Tea short story. Reminds me of parochial grade school where the girls did crayon drawings of rainbows, flowers and unicorns while the boys drew panoramic land, sea and air battles with bombs dropping, machine guns blazing and artillery roaring. The Congregation of St. Joseph nuns posted the most colorful and imaginative examples of both types of art on the corridor walls - must have been a yin and yang thing.

Anonymous said...

Baby steps, you have to take baby steps before you can learn to run.

Every conversion is a victory.