Friday, October 22, 2010

Rent

A single, 31-year-old woman in Michigan who posted a note on her church bulletin board seeking a "Christian roommate" to share her residence has been cited by the state for violating the Fair Housing Act by discriminating against those of other faiths.[More]
I guess all those men seeking men ads are illegal now?

I have an attic I've just decided to rent. I will only give it to an under-20 black Catholic Swedish hermaphrodite who speaks fluent Mandarin and has 20/14 vision.  If you don't fit into that category, you need to pay me more, based on a sliding scale of my prejudices. If I missed any opportunities to discriminate, let me know.

Anybody who wants to enforce an action against me now, bring it on.

I have a feeling it's going to take stupid bureaucrats who pushed the wrong person too far swinging from lampposts over smoldering ruins to convince these petty dictators to back off.  I hope they don't expect me with my guns to get involved and stop it.

5 comments:

hiroshi_tea said...

you forgot about handedness. can't let them southpaws in!

triptyx said...

Having worked in real estate (as an IT programmer), I found out you really can't even put in a house's description "quiet neighborhood", "excellent church nearby", etc. It's a mess.

parabarbarian said...

20/14 in both eyes or only in one?

Ned said...

That will teach her. She should have to offer her room to everyone - Islamic males who would insist that she cover her hair and wear a veil, perverts, drug dealers, convicted rapists, pedophiles, etc.

So - the government's position is that she can't discriminate against a convicted rapist, pedophile, or felon convicted of assaulting multiple women?

Not allowing those sorts to rent a room in her house is called discernment and common sense, not discrimination.

With this type of unmitigated bullshit going on it's amazing that most candidates for public office can't seem to find any agency resources that they would cut.

Clearly, this is an example of an agency that has outlived its usefulness.

Mack said...

Gun owners with M1 Garands wanted.
Nationality not important.

Would that work in Michigan?