Friday, November 12, 2010

More Likely

Brunswick burglar fatally shot by a longtime friend [More]

What do the antis tell us? If we own a gun for protection, we're more likely to shoot a friend or an acquaintance?

Well, if it's truly not a friend and they're breaking into our home in the dead of night, I should hope so--as opposed to the alternative results.

I would have this to say to Mr. Wiley:

That goes for talking to "Authorized Journalists," too.

There's something about this story...Let me just say I won't be surprised if we hear more. If nothing else, opening your home and life to a known chronic serial reptile doesn't indicate the best judgment, being 68 years old and not knowing to clam up and talk only to your attorney is strike two, and sorry, but...

With the caveat that I really know nothing about this and am basing my spider sense on what the admittedly deficient field of "Authorized Journalism" is serving up here...

[Via Ed M]

2 comments:

Defender said...

I expect to read about a neighbor of ours any time now. She is on mental disability, and lets a man who is also stay at her house part of each week. I guess they pool their money for necessities. The ones I've been giving a ride because their own "friends" are tired, tired, tired of being taken advantage of. She admits he steals her money to buy cigarettes, liquor and lottery tickets, but there he is again next week.
You can only pick up a snake so many times before it bites you.
Her nephew who used to live with her held his girlfriend at gunpoint one day, the only crime I know of in this subdivision since 1996 when someone burned down a garden shed.
I think we're on to something here. Genetic AND environmental. Children learn what they live.

Crotalus (Dont Tread on Me) said...

I'd be surprised if we DID hear more. If it turns out that Mr. Goodfriend WAS a burglar and got shot for his troubles, that kinda puts a crimp in the ol' "more likely to shoot a friend or acquaintance" argument, and the lamestream media don't want something like that to get in the way of their agenda.