Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Trust Us

We are the last people to want more guns on the streets - but trust us, this is a good thing. [More]
Trust you?
 
Are you out of your minds?

I once had a used car salesman sporting slicked-back greasy black hair, a gold front tooth and an orange polyester leisure suit put his hand on my shoulder, smile broadly and say "Trust me." 
 
I laughed out loud, thanked him and shook his hand, because I admired the irony of his style.

Then I wished him luck and left.

True story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about we get the gov't to start charging voters $25 for that right. That'll keep the unqualified from voting with "Saturdaynight special" ballots.

Pat H. said...

Voting is a privilege, gun ownership is a right.

It's obvious that the NY Daily News doesn't understand a right, nor does it know what "shall not be infringed" means.

That means they need more hammering on the anvil of freedom and liberty.

Ned said...

The used car salesman was undoubtedly more trustworthy.

Defender said...

What if that mystery missile had risen out of New York Harbor? Would helplessness look as appealing?