Friday, December 24, 2010

Once You Are Approved

You can’t just go pick up a pistol license. Oneida County Judge Michael Dwyer, the county’s chief pistol license officer, requires prospective applicants to complete the first eight hours of the National Rifle Association basic pistol course.

“After that, you can make an appointment to be fingerprinted, and it’s a four-month process (background checks and more),” Sullivan said. “Once you are approved, you can buy a gun.” [More]
They're not only oath breakers, they're blasphemers.

But perhaps I'm being too hard on them, and too ungrateful for the safeguards and protections they offer: After all, if they can get the violent criminals to do this, they're keeping us all a lot safer.

And remember: Enforce existing gun laws!

3 comments:

zach said...

Amazing the disparity in states like NY, NY, or CA. Here in Fl I can walk into a store and walk out 15 minutes later with as many handguns as I am willing to buy. I wonder how many New Yorkers send their sons to "fight for their freedoms" overseas?

Anonymous said...

No infringing here, you'll get your permission slip, if you live long enough to meet the requirements.

Didn't Scalia leave the Heller barn door open to little restrictions like this?

Sean said...

Paid less than $200, attended a four hour class, fingerprints, background check, 48 days later, whammo! Utah concealed handgun permit. More than I cared to put up with, but the least amount of things I would have to do, short of moving to VT,AZ,or AK. Oh, and I have had to stop buying guns, my wife says 4 gun safes is enough. So y'all in NY can go to hell, I'm going to Texas.