Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Jersey gun case demonstrates no justice possible through ‘lawful’ avenues

As things stand now, there is no relief from this injustice.  Which kind of makes me wonder if these newly-empowered Republicans, the ones who’ve promised us they’re all for principled government—and who were put in power largely through the efforts of involved gun owners—are going to take the lead on fixing this obscene outrage. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column looks at another way simply trying to engage in peaceable air travel can subject good Americans to state-sponsored terrorism. And the highest court in the land just said there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Also witness a moving memorial, listen to more outrages the antis don't want us to be able to do anything about, and go over some bills that are coming due.

Share the link?

3 comments:

Defender said...

Thank you for passing this on, David.
I woke up this morning thinking how strange it is that Republicans and Democrats are so full of hate at each other when really they are two halves of the autocratic Pushmi-Pullyu. CatDog. Tweedledumb and Tweedledumber.
They have joint control of the educational system that teaches that America only has a TWO-party political system, and the overwhelming majority of people cannot seem to get beyond that indoctrination. So much so that libertarians -- true constitutionalists -- are forced to go undercover as Republicans to even get on the ballot. They would not even let Ron Paul into the presidential nominating convention, I think it was. He and his supporters were relegated to a nearby PARK.
Homeless freedom-lovers. I think that's the ultimate goal. March in lockstep, or be marginalized.

Defender said...

I'm sure you know about this.

http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/constitution/5944-dhs-laptop-seizures-harass-travelers

Already found not to be a violation of policy or the law. Equivalent to searching the personal effects of travelers crossing a border.
They STARTED by X-raying them to make sure there were no bombs or drugs in the computer casing itself. Now it's your FILES.

And one poster on YouTube shows the TSA photocopying his CREDIT CARDS.

Yes, I emailed my congressman. He's Eric "PATRIOT Act/Freedom Fondles" Cantor, House majority leader. He assures me that Americans' freedom and the need for security are being carefully balanced.
Did you know he's Jewish? He of all people should be screaming his eyeballs out in opposition.
I feel like I'm at the dentist, and he's holding me down with a knee in my groin until he's finished.

Ed said...

I was very sick as a child, and my baby teeth came in soft (like my head, my siblings tell me). By the time I was four years old, I had multiple cavities to fill, as it was too early to pull the teeth. With a wooden bite-stick in my mouth and a knee in my groin, I was held down by my mother while the multiple cavities were filled without the use of any anaesthetic.

And people wonder why I carry a weapon.