Tuesday, March 01, 2011

No Comment...

Yet.

On the MAIG-sponsored Fix Gun Checks blog.

They want us to write the Senate to get the Traver nomination back on track.

I told them as long as we're contacting the Senate, there's a bigger matter concerning ATF:
Here's what they tell me:
Think they'll post it?

Mark Roote, who sent me this link, left one in the review queue too:
I submitted a comment as follows:
Traver?
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/search?q=traver We'll see if it gets posted... but I doubt it.
Wouldn't that just be an unprecedented shocker.

S'OK--it will allow us to charge MAIG with suppressing Gunwalker and then prove it.

3 comments:

Carl Bussjaeger said...

"Your comment has been submitted for review."

Darned right it has:

Since you want to "fix" "gun checks" I presume you won't mind Traver's confirmation hearings being used to question why the ATF over-rode checks and licensed dealers concerns to allow star purchases to go through, leading to the death of at least one Border Patrol Agent (and by latest reports, possibly the ICE agent killed in Mexico). After all, what's the point of background checks and laws against straw purchases and uncontrolled arms exports if the federal agencies responsible not only don't enforce the laws, but actively work to circumvent them?

Some ATF insiders are claiming that the ATF allowed as many as 3,000 firearms to be illegally purchased and shipped to Mexican drug cartels. That would be the majority of "Mexican crime guns" actually traced to American civilian gun stores; that means the ATF would responsibly for almost all the crimes they say they are trying to stop.

Yes, I think anyone wanting to head the BATFE should answer questions about that.

Chip said...

He should definitely comment on it, but isn't traver part of the Chicago office? I don't think this should hurt his confirmation chances since he's not involved with the Mexico stuff.

Mark Roote said...

Still no comments there, but either I'm going crazy their entire post has gotten shorter.
I can't identify what is missing, but I seem to recall it required scrolling to read it all whereas today it's barely half a screen.
Could just be me though.