Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walgreens Would Apparently Rather See You Dead Than Armed

"It's all about the almighty dollar," Kosick said. "It's a really poor system" for protecting workers, customers and expensive drugs, many of which are sought by illegal drug users and dealers. [More]
I always figured my life trumped their ignorance.  I wonder if they would sign a statement of liability if someone accedes to their demands and ends up getting killed because of it.


Screw these cowardly corporate weasels.
 
[Via Richard Nascak]

3 comments:

zach said...

Major corporate retailers were responsible for foiling FL's open carry bill this year.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Call Walgreens and tell them what you think

(800) 925-4733

I spoke to Carolyn and she was very nice. She sounded like she agreed with me. I told her that I will be driving past Walgreens to another store because I won't shop at a store that fires a man for defending his life and the lives of his managers. I even gave her my phone number to call me back if they change their minds.

Mike H said...

Will call. A far cry from Indianapolis pharmacist and store owner Joe McSoley. He had a 357 behind the counter and one on his hip. Don't know if he's alive, but last I heard about 20 years ago, he foiled a moke and held him for the cops with his 357. Old friend of my Dad's -s-. those days are long gone methinks.