Thursday, June 02, 2011

We're the Only Ones Beefy Enough

“My biggest beef is they took all the discretion away from the sheriffs under the premise of wanting more law-abiding citizens to get permits, but what they’ve done is allowed more people who are criminal, non-law-abiding citizen to carry guns,” Pulkrabek said. “Clearly, this is someone who is not law abiding and clearly not someone I believe should have a gun permit.” [More]
If they're serious criminals (or even if they're not) they're "prohibited persons," meathead.

Not that that stops the truly dangerous, regardless of your "beliefs."

[Via Michael R]

3 comments:

Michael Gilson said...

And this is the town I live in. Joy. I missed that because I only read the "Depressed Citizen" when I get it for free.

Longbow said...

You mean to tell me that the law abiding are a step closer to exercising their Natural rights? And that criminals won't obey the law no matter what law you pass?

You don't say!

Shucks b'golly!

Bruce W. Krafft said...

Since the new law requires the sheriff to deny a permit if "[p]robable cause exists to believe, based upon documented specific actions of the person ... that the person is likely to use a weapon unlawfully ..." Lonny apparently thinks he should be able to classify people as criminals without evidence, just on his whim. Nice.