Friday, July 01, 2011

Thumbs Down on S&W Lawsuit

The civil lawsuit claims Smith & Wesson negligently designed and inadequately warned consumers about the dangers of a large-frame hunting revolver. [More]
Huh--so you're not supposed to do this?
Todd held the pistol grip with his right hand and placed his left hand under the trigger guard of the revolver...
You know, just the other day, while clamping a rifle butt with my feet and gnawing on the muzzle while yanking back on the trigger with my thumbs I was saying to myself "I wish I had someone to sue..."

3 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Gee... too bad the guy didn't hold it closer to his neck... But never fear, he'll probably get a darwin award next time...

Sad to think someone with that kind of money to spend on guns isn't a tad brighter.

Jeffersonian said...

Didn't something similar happen a few years ago with a Taurus .454?

"Think of it as evolution in action...."

Gaviota said...

Revolvers have been in more or less constant production since their invention in the 1590's. Colt began manufacturing his designs in 1836. The barrel-cylinder gap issue has been well understood for over 400 years.

So now, this nimrod goes out, blows $2000 on his first revolver, proceeds to amutate and cauterize his thumb, and it's S&W's fault?

I'd love to have been on that jury.