Friday, February 10, 2012

Is the NRA's Electoral Power a Myth?

Provocative!  [More]

Well, gee, Paul Waldman, I realize we don't have to lie about the huge grassroots support folks like the Bradys, VPC and CSGV would have us believe they enjoy, and I realize they have the advantages of administration lawbreaking, media sabotage and foundation funding to advance their agendas, but what you seem to be forgetting is the simplest of ultimate realities:

We will not disarm.  And by "we" I mean "enough."

But you continue provoking, and believing you matter.

1 comment:

Pat H. said...

I looked up Paul Waldeman and what I found is interesting.

He's essentially a progressive/fascist attack dog. Before writing progressive screeds about the NRA, he was attacking Dr. Jerome Corsi about the Obama birth certificate.

He's an agent of some kind for Media Matters Action Group, while I don't know their mien entirely, I do know that they're a radical leftist, i.e. progressive/fascist, agitprop generation machine of sorts.

Last about Waldeman. He is what the late Aaron Zelman called a "bagel brained Jew".

As for his diatribe (in multiple chapters, mind you) about the NRA what he is intentionally ignoring is that the NRA's influence extends far beyond its actual membership. A close friend of mine explained it to me, the NRA may only have 4 million members, but it influences well over 20, perhaps as many as 30 million gun owners, many of whom are far more conservative than the NRA itself.