Monday, February 20, 2012

Just a Typical Gun Owner for Common Sense Laws

"My son was shot and killed in 1997 and ... I don't want bad guys to have guns, it's simple," Jenkins said. [More]
What makes him think Rahm isn't a "bad guy."

And his "solution" is to register everyone who's not?  Because criminals don't have to register theirs.  Unless you're this kind of criminal.

And I like how Jenkins is presented as no lobbyist or activist of any kind, just an ordinary gun owner... That Samson Adams is quite the "Authorized Journalist," is he not?

Yeah, he's no activist, he's just someone who publicly argues not only for licensing and registration, but against concealed carry and owning "military grade guns"...and writes books, and supports the Bradys and the Million Moms--you know, just your typical gun owner who calls anyone who disagrees with him "insane."

Hell, he even advocates endangering our lives:
Report all instances of public gun possession outside of accepted areas like gun ranges. Insist that the police follow up on your call, because we can't trust gun owners.
Maybe one of us who are breaking no laws can get shot when they prone us out to get a paid vacation


My natural inclination is to feel sympathy and compassion for anyone who has suffered a soul-wrenching loss. But you don't get to attack, and then use that loss to shield from the deserved response anyone else would get.

6 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

I'm truly sorry his son was killed. I can't imagine the pain that must cause. But here's a hint Mr. Jenkins, I didn't do it. I have never killed anyone, even in my time in the Marines. So why do you want to disarm me instead of the violent criminals? Is it because you think I won't fight back? Guess again. Your buddy Rahm-it-to-em has no idea of the storm he is wanting to start. There are those of us that will pay a rather high price to keep our liberty. What price are you and your buddy willing to pay to take it?

These are the useful idiots that Stalin was talking about. When they are done, they too will be in the gulag with the ones that aren't dead. They have no clue until it's too late.

Mad Jack said...

I lost most of my sympathetic response years ago when the anti-freedom crowd starting using anyone's tragedy to oppress the law abiding citizens.

Sure, it's too bad about his son. Disarming anyone or in this case, everyone, is not going to prevent similar tragedies. And it leaves me helpless to resist criminals.

Ed said...

"People behave better in our society when they know somebody is watching," Jenkins said.

I had learned that character is what we do when we know no one is watching.

jselvy said...

In a way I'm glad his son didn't live to see what a water-boweled coward his father really is. That is something that no boy ever should see.

1911A1 said...

Military grade guns, huh? Glad I don't own any of those dangerous things.

I'm relieved, too, since no military I know of issues 10mm pistols then I don't have to worry about mine being outlawed.

AJ said...

Jeezus! Somebody please kick that guy in the nuts.