Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Oath Keepers Supporting Sgt. Stein

Stein The Marine Corps is now looking into whether he violated the military’s rules prohibiting political statements by those in uniform and broke its guidelines on what troops can and cannot say on social media...Stein has come under fire for stating on Facebook that he wouldn’t follow certain orders given by his commander in chief. [More]
Hey, maybe he can claim a defense that the guy whose orders he might not obey isn't his legitimate commander in chief...:)

I'm glad to see Stewart Rhodes taking point on this with pro bono representation.  I emailed him back when this story first broke and he told me he was contacting Sgt. Stein.

I want to write more about this when I have time, because I've presented examples here at WOG of pro-Obama and gun control endorsing public activities by those in uniform that probably ought to be resurrected so the political hypocrisy can be illustrated for all with open eyes and minds to see.

1 comment:

Diamond Mair said...

OK, HERE'S the thing - from what I've seen, Sgt Stein has been doing his postings as an active-duty military member - while he may not have appeared in uniform, everyone has known {unless their IQ is close to room temp} that he is currently an active duty military member.

I joined the USMC under the second worst POTUS, Jimmy Carter - but we were NOT allowed to denigrate or disparage him, whether we were in uniform or not. Sgt Stein should have considered not re-enlisting under the Øbama administration, left the Corps, done what he felt compelled to do to deny Øbama another 4 years, then re-enlisted after 6 November 2012.

His SNCOs & officers are correct - and his antics, and "look at me, LOOK AT MEEEE!!!" behavior are NOT conducive to good order & discipline. Think about it - you're a senior enlisted person or an officer, and you NEED Sgt Stein to do ................ whatever - but you're concerned that he'll run to his computer ASAP & dish the dirt on YOU, just as he already HAS done on his CiC.

I've nothing but respect for OathKeepers, but I believe they're wrong on this one.

Semper Fi'
DM