Monday, March 19, 2012

Public Stigma

That's what they want. [More]

The Attorney Brainwasher says he wants gun owners "cowering" like cigarette smokers.

Not me:
I am a gun owner and I live a gun owner lifestyle.


I don't know if I was born with a tendency to be this way, or if it was an acquired disposition. All I know is, I don't see why I should be forced to change. Truth be known, I like owning guns, and am happy with who I am. I hope I suffer no repercussions by "coming out of the safe," but I just can't hide the truth any longer.


We gun owners have been living and working among you. Our kids go to school with yours. We may be your doctor, or minister, or your child's teacher. We may even work in city administration, or the courts, or on the police force. And we are sick of being abused for simply being who we are, all because of hoplophobic prejudice and fear. We don't see any reason why we should have to put up with it any more.

In your face, monopoly of violence bigots!

5 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

I'm a gun owner and a smoker. Why am I supposed to "cower" before the almighty Holder? What a tool. He needs to be extradited to Mexico so they can run him through their "justice" system.

igor said...

David,

Nice letter. Did you get any response?

By the way, this is exactly the kind of thing that I WOULD be glad to do, albeit as a member of at least 100 other armed folks, and many more, if possible. For instance, when we had the rally in Northern Virginia (the armed rally, not the unarmed rally in DC on the same day) on 19 April, a few years ago, at which you spoke (I think that you spoke only at the field near the airport; I do not recall that you were at the park for the initial gathering), the organizer, whose name escapes me, wanted, as a condition for participants, all rifles to be unloaded and safety-tagged. I would have greatly preferred to have carried a loaded rifle, myself (I WAS carrying six full mags): THAT would have made a statement. But, on a practical note, I can well imagine that there would have been one or more ND's, which would have generated far more negative publicity, and would have resulted in a backlash. But, I dream.

David Codrea said...

Did I get a response? Hoo-boy, did I.

Incidentally, I spoke at both rallies--the one in DC and the one at Gravelly Point. The latter was from a truck bed--I felt like a politician.

igor said...

I did not go over to the DC rally, though many friends were there, as I was still, well, ARMED.

I know that it was a truck bed (I was standing right next to it, most of the day), but I thought that it helped the red neck atmosphere.

I tried to link to your response, but the web site tells me: "This item no longer exists or a bad URL was submitted."

David Codrea said...

Just went there again and it worked from this end--it's a Wayback Machine archive link so takes time to load--try pasting this in and see if you can access it:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040328121837/http://keepandbeararms.com/information/Item.asp?ID=3637