Monday, March 19, 2012

The Wearin' o' the Green

Gunfire erupted as throngs were celebrating a mild St. Patrick’s Day along a downtown canal in Indianapolis, and at least five teenagers were wounded, two critically, police said.  [More]

I want to share some comparative revelry: I had me gun-owning relatives over and the [Irish heritage] wife prepared corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and soda bread. 

Well, we opened up some bottles for a wee nip and did a bit o' celebratin', and me with all kinds o' guns includin' assault weapons available--the kind that some would call weapons o' war with no legitimate purpose but to kill as many people as possible while spray firing from the hip mowing down innocents with that shoulder thing that goes up...and guess what happened?

We all had a lovely time, and enjoyed each others' conversation and companionship.

3 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Indeed...

I went to a local gun show Saturday. I wasn't the only one carrying openly, and who knows how many were concealed.

Not a shot fired... but we had a great time anyway. :)

ParaPacem said...

Well, that's just because you didn't have one of those mow-em-down kinda assault weapons!

I celebrated St. Paddy's Day once. It make me want to rape, loot and kill.

Harry Steele said...

There must be sumfin wrong with your guns... They didnt kill anyone the moment they got out of the safe....