Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vanderboegh Medical Update

I had business to attend to this morning, and was unable to receive phone calls.  When I was able to reestablish communications, there was a voice mail message from Mike--he said he "had a bad night last night" and "they're taking me into the emergency room."

I called his number 10 minutes ago and his wife Rosey answered.  She said he's having trouble breathing, they're worried some fluid may be getting into his lungs and they're taking him in for another CAT scan.

These folks have been through a lot. Now would be a pretty good time to send another plea up the chain of command. 

6 comments:

CowboyDan said...

Done. I've also added him to our prayers of the people whenever Mass is said.

Pvt.Joker said...

Prayers out....
Thanks again for your diligence in keeping us all apprised, David. It is appreciated.

Anonymous said...

All God's Blessings and strength to Mike
and Family -

Lumpy03

Anonymous said...

Know what they call a doctor who graduated last in his class?

Doctor


Prayers for Mike.

Pat H. said...

I've refrained from commenting about Vanderboegh's situation.

I am an Operating Room Nurse, an RN. I have a five year RN degree.

I've been an OR nurse for over 20 years and have seen the exact surgery Mike had numerous times, both scrubbed in near the cutting and as a circulating nurse.

Mike's condition is not at all unusual. He's a diabetic, an uncooperative one (he refused to lose weight to bring it under control), and much of his situation is a result of that.

I truly hope Mike overcomes his current status and begins to recover enough to start listening and conforming to his diabetic regimen.

He's a positive asset to Freedom Fighters everywhere.

Nate Threet said...

I will pray for him. I'm not particularly religious, just a pissed off, disgruntled veteran, but America needs more like him.