Tuesday, July 24, 2012

'Lou Dobbs Tonight' Redux


"Lou Dobbs Tonight" asked us back on this evening on Fox Business at 7:30 7:15 pm Eastern (they just moved up the "hit time"). I've known about it for some time, but due to the way breaking news can bump the best laid plans back (we were originally scheduled for a return engagement last Friday), I thought it prudent to wait until I could confirm things with the booker and the producer.

Tonight Mike and I are quite understandably going to talk more about Colorado than Gunwalker, but if I get a chance to insert something relevant into the discussion, I will. That kind of format is over before you can blink though.

If you missed the last time we were on and want to see it, I wrote about it and posted the segment here.

UPDATE:  We were both surprised they brought on that prosecutor and didn't realize it until we heard a female voice coming through the ear bud--I found the email advising me of it when I got home--my old clamshell phone is for calls only.  I'll admit it flustered me a bit and led the conversation into territory we hadn't anticipated, but hey, that happens, this is live TV without a net and it was a good learning experience.

4 comments:

Bad Cyborg said...

Watched the segment. Dobbs seemed to ME of the school of thought that while claiming to support RKBA still believes that "Something needs to be done!" Dobbs also seems to think that enumerated rights are subject to getting permission from the state before being exercised. The lady lawyer was the typical leftist bleating about public safety.

I don't trust either of them as far as I could shove a bus with the brakes set.

[BC-I didn't include your last paragraph--email me and I'll explain why--DC]

sofa said...

Good try guys, but the format was stacked. And Lou kept interrupting your responses.

Lou is for licensing and permission slips- poor fool think 'unalienable rights' are 'permissions' granted by costumed bureaucrats.

David Codrea said...

We were surprised, had no idea they were going to
bring that prosecutor on to debate us so were caught unprepared for
that. I was glad to see I didn’t appear as totally flustered as
I felt, because I was apprehensive about watching the results.

Then again, they’re pros and we’re expected to be able to field anything hit
our way—next time, and the producer said they’d be in touch, we'll be expecting the conversation to include argument.

This is real different from talk radio, where you have time to explain yourself. At this point, I haven't been able to overcome butterflies beforehand, surreal muddleheadedness during and
shoulda-saids after. People who do it all the time make it look easy, but it is not.

Scott Wilson said...

My son is not yet 10 and his phone is better than yours, David.

We need to drag you kicking and screaming into 2007, at least -- and get you a phone that would have clued you in on this change on the ride over to the station.

Dobbs is a long, LONG way from understanding the Second Amendment. Such is the case with many people who want NYC style, government-sanctioned "freedom" and expect the rest of the nation to call it REAL freedom.

Try to force their gun bans on many of the southern states and there'd be a lot of liberty trees refreshed before the dust settled. But guys like Dobbs are so used to living in an outhouse of liberal cowardice they no longer know what it's like to breathe real air anymore. Sad. Another emasculated voice lost in the hurricane -- a would-be silverback gorilla beating his chest for stronger bars on his own cage and ignorant that he's doing it.