Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vanderboegh Update

My friend Mike Vanderboegh: Winning friends and influencing people wherever he goes...:) [Read]

It seems like he had legitimate observations though, that merit discussion. I have no idea why they wouldn't allow them, especially since he has sourced knowledge about the inner workings of ATF from Bureau insiders and has done more reporting on that than anybody else in the room. And if you can't address the question he wanted to ask at a Gun Rights Policy Conference, where can you ask it?

As I wrote on Sunday, the conference was recorded.  I'm trying to see if that exchange made the cut so I can listen to it for myself, and share it with you. We'll see.

In other Mike news, note he starts out with a health report update--he suffered a mini-stroke at the conference, the cause of the severe vertigo. I spoke with him an hour ago and he's going in for another scan as I write this.

UPDATE: Here's the Q&A audio.  I'm trying to figure out why anyone would have a problem having this public discussion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,
A number of us got the raw audio (not cleaned up, so there is some static, etc.) of the entire conference. I've listened to the beginning of the Q&A and Mike's question did make the cut, since it's unedited.
I'll send email to your hotmail address with a temporary link to download it.

Anonymous said...

I was at the conference and have been waiting for this to come up. Mike Vanderboegh was cut off which was obviously very rude, and the SAF people etc. were obviously very afraid of his "radicalism". When he asked his next question "What are you going to do if Obama is re-elected" they just stood their in silence. It was interesting to watch, they literally looked like a flock of confused sheep, a couple of people staggered forward to make a couple of brief responses one was rely on you local Sheriff to keep you 2nd amend. rights safe. The SAF is a good organization, which I will never join after seeing how they treated MV. They do good work but they are lawyers doing lawyers work, they got lucky with the heller and dc cases, which as we know is tenuous victory and without it they are a fringe organization with little clout. Since they are lawyers they have a hard time seeing beyond the courts. Maintaining our rights and our constitution is about people and the knowledge and understanding of what those rights are. I talked briefly with MV at the meeting it was an honor to meet him.