Wednesday, January 02, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Feeding Frenzy

Meanwhile, a Gannett newspaper in New York published an interactive map with the addresses of gun permit holders, and another of their papers in Iowa published an editorial calling for repeal of the Second Amendment, declaring the NRA a terrorist organization, making ownership of semi-autos a felony, and killing gun owners who refused to give theirs up. Really. [More]
"Feeding Frenzy," a summary of some of the more egregious assaults on gun owners over the past few weeks, is my latest "Rights Watch" column for GUNS Magazine.

2 comments:

Johnny Gee said...

Dave- comment here occasionally, am 100% pro-gun and pro-law enforcement. I avoid conspiracy sites like the plague, but I have spent the last few weeks trying to de-bunk some of the hysteria going on in the media, and it has lead me to some of the conspiracy sites, and now I have a question: Where is the camera footage from Sandy Hook? After Columbine the media showed us everything they could from those two idiots. Them ruuning through the school, planting bombs, burning the caferteria. Why have we not even seen one picture of the Sandy hook shooter at this school? The few discussions from Sandy Hook seem to indicate that there was a security camera system at the school. Why no image of him coming in the door? I don't want to see him shooting anybody- I just want to know he was really there.

David Codrea said...

I can't speak for any of that because I have no unique sources of information and am just as dependent on sifting through the chaff as everybody else--I do know Katie Pavlich posted based on an early NBC report saying Lanza left the AR in his car, and then she published a retraction. I also read the police chief said he was going to try and prosecute anyone spreading false stories--have no idea how he could go about doing that. And yeah, I've seen some conspiracy sites with enough allegations to make your head spin, including about a second shooter and the kid supposedly got the car from a known sex offender, and I just have no resources to be able to check any of that out, so all we can really do is see what makes sense to us and see if people who have earned our trust have anything to add. It's a mess, but it is what it is.

Oh, and uh...