Monday, February 18, 2013

Granny Get Your Gun?

The grandmother said she had no idea the two men intended to rob the Dollar General store when she held them at gunpoint... [More]

Then what basis did she have to say "“I have to tell you, if they had started running from this property, I would have not even said ‘halt’” ?

Between that and her support for bans on semi-auto rifles, personal defense capacity magazines, de-facto registration and licensing, I think it's a mistake to hold her up as a good example of anything except a cantankerous old woman whose luck exceeded everything else in this situation.

[Via William T]

1 comment:

MamaLiberty said...

Seems to me that all she needs is a little gentle instruction. I'd love to have this gal in one of my classes and suspect it wouldn't take too long before she was on board... she's only spouting what she's been indoctrinated with, after all. She had the spunk to use her gun, and that says a lot.

Right after the basic pistol part with all the safety stuff... I'd introduce her to a better caliber. :)