Sunday, February 03, 2013

The Big Game

When I did my radio show announcement (see post below), I checked if today's Super Bowl was going to be running at the same time.  It starts at 6 p.m. Eastern.

I honestly am so detached from that I didn't even know who was playing until I went to the CBS website.  I guess I've heard there's a football team called the Ravens before, but the whole thing is generally so not part of my universe, except when they make it so.

Like the Bloomberg-Menino commercial last year.

Or that moron Scott Whitlock.

Or that meathead Mike Ditka.

And while tonight's big game will be on a different network, don't be surprised to see a Bob Costas moment or two, what with the Newtown students pre-game song and the comment opportunities that will lend, as well as the latest Leni Riefenstahl short from Bürgermeister gegen Guns, thankfully confined to the cheer-leading section.


1 comment:

W W Woodward said...

The what? was going on while Kate and AAR were on the air? Did I miss something important?
[W3