Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It's Got Nothing to Do with Being Fat

In one instance, Moore received over 500 total downvotes by responding to the question "If mayors, celebrities, text can have armed security...why can't I have a gun to protect myself and my family? Am I not just as important?" thusly: 
It's because those people get a hundred death threats every week. How many did you get this week? Usually my answer to a Rightie spewing hate and fear and who wants to know why i have security, I answer them by saying you've already answered your own question. [More]
In other words, yeah, you're not as important.

The death threats claim is overblown as well  -- in numbers and in interpretation of hostile statements expressing wishes vs. actual credible pledges of intended harm.

1 comment:

Defender said...

Been watching "Downton Abbey" lately, and I am disgusted by the fawning and deference paid in the 1920s England to people merely because they are of a particular bloodline, and their unquestioning insistence on it. We're getting it here too, obviously, more and more. Unquestioning submission and obedience. Khruschev is smiling in Hell.