Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FOX31 Standing By Perazzi Story

This is the strangest story I have ever been involved in.  The 9NEWS story I linked to earlier today has been updated to include:
EDITOR'S NOTE: The Fox31 reporter responsible for the original story stands by the report
I note their link at present produces a "runtime error."

This is just baffling the hell out of me, and I have my column on hold pending more information. I just got off the phone with the Adams County Sheriff's Office, and they are putting out a press release in the next hour or so and will be doing a 9NEWS interview later this afternoon.

In the mean time, what I'm holding out for before hitting "publish" is a statement from FOX31 clarifying why they are standing by their story.

UPDATE: The new report is here.

2 comments:

Bear said...

The original KDVR/FOX31 story (http://kdvr.com/2013/05/18/cab-driver-mistakes-italian-gun-executive-for-terrorist-calls-police/) gives a "page not found" error, too.

Long Island Mike said...

David, call me nuts, but I have this gut feeling that this story may turn out to be bigger than anyone right now thinks. I am wondering what players are going to behind all this?