Friday, May 17, 2013

March of Folly Redux

I've been pretty silent on the proposed march except for this.  If I see a need to give more reasons why, I will.

That said, this rejection notice contains a pledge I not only cannot keep, but wouldn't want to.

Damn right I'll "knowingly violate" evil laws and no way will I "respect and abide by" them.  Here are two personal examples I have publicly shared:


I will not comply with registration edicts.

I will not disarm. Even when that "law" you -- is "respect" the right word? -- requires it.

Guess who else wouldn't obey "existing gun laws"? (I don't really need a link here, do I?)

Sorry, mister.  I can disagree with the march and still defy the oppressors. You can't "categorically sign" your toothlessness pledge on my behalf. I see the obedience über alles signal you're sending as more dangerous than anything Kokesh proposes. And if that makes me a "traitor" in your eyes, well, get in line, right behind Josh and vLadd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Freedom can be scary, somewhat like cresting the top of a huge rollercoaster.

It's not surprising that even those claiming to be in support of the Constitution, the Declaration, and Creator-granted inherant rights start to balk as the view of what it means to be a completely responsible self-owner comes into their field of vision.

As near as I can figure, much of the vitriolic attacks on the idea of Adam's march stem from fear-based emotion - JUST LIKE WITH THE DEFENDERS OF COLLECTIVISM.

I hope those claiming to be defenders of freedom can set aside their fears and rationally examine the situation. Just because you don't agree completely with an idea doesn't mean someone else is a horrible person and a traitor for acting on the idea, particularly if the idea is rooted in self-ownership that harms no one elses' rights.

-PG