Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Too Many Emails, Too Many Tips

I can't keep up with them all.  Slow it down, please?

Truth be known, I'm on all kinds of lists, I visit all the major websites, and generally know about stories before I get individual tips -- and often get dozens sending me links to the same story every day. And I can just never get to them all.

I appreciate the enthusiasm.  Thank you for your participation. But please:  A dozen or more emails from the same person every day times dozens of people, and I'm sorry, but there is only one of me. That I give credit links and email back the link as a regular practice add to the demands on time. That actually keeps me from being able to present more commentary where it can do the most good.

I've been pondering for some time on the best way to say this without seeming like a miserable ingrate, and decided the best way is to just state how it is, figuring reasonable people and friends will understand and want to help. If you do, the best way is to share my GRE links. I see Mike did a post about that the other day, and while it caught me by surprise, he didn't say anything I haven't been thinking about, and talking to close friends about.

Until I make a decision though, please understand if I don't acknowledge all emails and social media messages.  I feel bad about it, because anyone who takes time out of their life to reach out to me deserves a reply.

2 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

No problem, my friend. Those who really care will understand. Those who don't care enough to understand... well, too bad.

Do what you have to do first. Then, if there's time left over, do some of the rest. We'll be here. :)

Mark Matis said...

You have probably now given those opposed to your POV a means to decrease your effectiveness. But then I'm sure that all those fine "Law Enforcement" officers in the DHS Fusion Centers across the country would never stoop to sending you "tips" while they were on duty in hopes of making you take the time to read their e-mail and respond. Because, after all, this country's "Law Enforcement" is just FAR too honorable to do anything remotely like that.

I'm sure it's a mere coinky-dink that I start getting calls from health insurance companies thanking me for filling out an application for their products soon after I post about how well this country's finest do their job...