Saturday, October 12, 2013

The First Amendment According to Park Rangers

As I approached the top of the steps, one of the three (!) guards told me to leave. I mentioned the First Amendment exception, and that freedom of assembly seems to be part of that. He advised me that the area to assemble is only down below the monument, not at the monument itself. Somehow I missed that exception to that particular amendment. So I proceeded to read the First Amendment, loudly, for the audience below. [More]
Is it any wonder we all love government enforcers so?

2 comments:

Ned said...

I knew that when the "shutdown" occurred, our masters would make it as painful as possible. That means, of course, shutting down monuments and parks allegedly owned by "We the People."

So hiring additional armed guards to keep the hoi polloi out came as no surprise to me.

And it's an eye opener to Obama supporters on many different levels.

Keep squeezing, baby. Soon, people who were on your side, along with the fence-sitters, will fall on the other side of the fence.

Anonymous said...

Its for the paycheck..its them and their families...they will follow orders (can you say it in German)and they will mpush people around (and worse) for the paycheck. Remember this when it hits the fan. They probably know,by now,that the national park service is not on Real Americans list of favorites.