Monday, December 09, 2013

This Day in History: December 9

Sir

With the highest Respect I beg leave to represent to Your Excellency, That from sundry adverse circumstances, the principal of which are the loss of that firmness of Health and Constitution so absolutely requisite in the Soldier to undergo the necessary Fatigues of the Field as I formerly have done; and being necessarily reduced to necessitous circumstance by a long inattention to my own private business; I am induced (not from any dislike to the Service I have been engaged in, for I infinitely prefer the Service of my Country to that of any Individual; but by the above mentioned Causes compell’d) to request that Your Excellency will be pleased to accept of this as my Resignation in the Third Pennsylvania Regiment. With the most dutiful Respect I am Your Excellency’s Most Obedient Humble Servan
Jon Henderson Capt. 3d P: Regt [More]

No comments: