Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Friend of the Devil

As previously reported by TheBlaze, the “logistics coordinator” also argued in court that “Operation Fast and Furious” was part of the agreement to finance and arm the cartel in exchange for valuable information that would help the government take down its rival cartels. [More
The devil you know...

Nice company they keep.

Actually, the first person I ever heard make that argument and specifically name the Sinaloas was Robert Farago, in a phone call with him years ago. I didn't jump on that bandwagon since I had nothing besides speculation to go on, and agreed it sounded like good speculation, but I had no confirmation from any sources.  So if this turns out to be the case, as far as I know, he's the one who first called it.

2 comments:

Ned said...

Went to the link, and read some of the flaming comments on RF's post.

Leave it to you to give credit where credit is due.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was true.

David Codrea said...

That doesn't mean I think he's correct with his "tin hat theory" insult, since it was a source who gave us the "padding statistics" terminology. And it doesn't mean I've embraced the Sinaloa story as the final word--a defendant and his attorney have powerful incentives to cloud the issue. My only motive in crediting him is because if that turns out to be one of the components of F&F, he's the one I first heard it from, and it would be unfair not to acknowledge that--but it would be false to say that invalidates the finding guns at crime scenes motive, especially as we saw it used to push for more restrictions, including the four border state multiple long gun rule.